This event has passed.
This unique conference, the only one of its kind in Ireland, offers a road map for you to achieve your full potential as a writer. If you are new to writing, an old hand, or someone interested in how writers can self publish successfully, this conference is for you.
Our instructors are renowned, highly-experienced, published authors, writing craft lecturers and experts in online marketing for writers. This weekend conference will provide practical support, valuable training and a great opportunity to meet and get to know fellow writers in a unique city.
Our goal is to help you succeed. The Dublin Writers’ Conference will be hosted at the Irish Writers Center in the heart of Dublin, the main writers center in Ireland, and at the Gresham hotel, one minute away. Our digital marketing sessions for writers will show you how you can gain readers, fast, online. Our writing craft sessions will help to you improve your craft and broaden your writing skills. Don’t miss this opportunity.
This may be the only time many of these instructors come to Ireland. Join us this June. Come for just the Saturday sessions or join us on each of the three days. Anyone who books is welcome to our opening session on Friday evening, where we will introduce the instructors and welcome you.
- Self Publishing – The Critical Elements
- Writing Craft – The Critical Elements:
- Laurence O’Bryan – Viral Marketing MasterClass
- Margaret Murphy – Storytelling Master Class
- Tanja Slijepčević – BooksGoSocial One To One Support
- Sheila Bugler – Getting The First Draft Done
- Laurence O’Bryan – BooksGoSocial One To One Support
- Emily Evans – The Truth About Indie-Publishing
Why join us?
- Attend world class training sessions on writing craft and digital marketing for authors
- All sessions are delivered by qualified and experienced staff
- The latest techniques for finding readers online will be explained, in detail
- This unique conference will help you to reach your goals
- Don’t miss your chance to attend at a discounted rate
- Traditionally published authors with industry experience will give you the inside story on this rapidly changing industry
Margaret Murphy has published 9 acclaimed psychological thrillers under her own name, in the UK and the USA, as well as in translation across Europe.
Conor Kostick is the author of a series of successful fiction and non fiction titles. He is one of the most popular writing craft lecturers at the Irish Writers Center for many years.
Laurence O’Bryan teaches digital marketing at diploma level, has been training authors in digital marketing for 4 years and is also a published author.
Jessica Bell is an author, writing coach, musician, in-demand book cover designer, and the coordinator of Writing Day Workshops, one-day writing conferences located throughout the United States.
Ben Galley is a best-selling purveyor of tall tales and dark fantasy from the UK. He is the author behind the gritty and epic Emaneska Series, as well as the new western fantasy series, the Scarlet Star Trilogy.
Debbie Young is an advisor for the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), Commissioning Editor of its Author Advice Centre blog, and author of some of its guidebooks.
Michael Russell is a writer with an extensive background in television drama in Britain and Ireland; in particular crime drama, including ‘The Bill’, ‘Between the Lines’, ‘The Chief’, ‘Heartbeat’, ‘Midsomer Murders’, ‘A Touch of Frost.’
Emily Evans is a Texan who credits self-publishing with allowing her to ‘quit the day job’, travel Europe, get an MFA in Ireland, and experience the truth of Confucius’ words, “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
Sheila Bugler is the author of the acclaimed crime series featuring DI Ellen Kelly. She runs creative writing courses, works as a speech writer and is a mentor on the WoMentoring programme. She is a regular contributor to writing magazines and reviews crime fiction for crimesquad.com.